Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Douce Dame Jolie


The Look
Shoes: Bakers Similar Here
Pants: Urban Outfitters (Long Time Ago)
Top: Black Scarf (See Description Below)
Vest: Forever 21 Similar Here
Bangles: Cute Ones Here










Life will always have its challenges - you can either do one of two things about it; take things as they are given to you and blame the world for your situation or you can take responibility for your circumstances and change the course. 

I haven't been able to get the perfect crop top yet so I took the tips from my Scarf Lookbook and made a crop top with a scarf!  I love the essence of the 1950's so I try to emulate that in my wardrobe as much as possible.  These jeans were actually my 1st splurge item.  I got them my freshman year from Urban Outfitters for $75!  I still have buyers remorse about it because I was in no position as a freshman eating Ramen noodles to spend that much on 1 pair of jeans!  But they have held out well over the years and tie in with my 50's admiration quite well :) Whenever I wear a tight bottom and a tight top, I like to balance it with an over-sized piece to tone down the sexiness, because my shape already says enough!

1 comment:

mio said...

I like thi outfit!!! so cute!!! Now I gladly follow you via GFC and BLOGLOVIN! I'm on all these sites too!!! Follow me back if you like!!! We can follow each other!!! it would be a pleasure!!!
TheSparklingCinnamon BLOGLOVIN
THESPARKLINGCINNAMON <3
JOIN ME ASO ON FACEBOOK IF YOU LIKE! TheSparklingCinnamon FACEBOOK PAGE